Tuesday, October 30, 2007

the rains...are still raining

I am thinking that 'The' rain god is in love with me. You know the chief one. The Zeus type big boss. Is that Narcissistic or what. I am well aware that the world around me is not very pleased with this ongoing deluges that seem to be ...um ...deluging us.

Look at it this way. Even if I am traveling in an air conditioned vehicle, and have a bit of sun filtering through, I open the umbrella. Yeah you heard me. Electrified the driver when I did it, but then its my comfort or his surprise. Guess what I chose?

Forget the air conditioned vehicles. That is the one off luxury. Think instead tin roofed, hot pulsating buses. Generally the sun comes blazing down and making the tin buses like little cooking ovens. You get into a bus, and it is a bit like clambering into a large public oven. I now am probably famous because I have my own towel that travels around with me. Every frood needs his towel, according to Ford Prefect, and lets face it, Hitch-hiking through the galaxy is a piece of cake compared to public transport in this country. I take advice from wherever I get it, if it seems wise. And just because Ford Prefect is not human, why should I balk at sound useful advice on travel. Ok, I don't suck my towel and it doesn't taste like blackberry juice or passion fruit, but still it is wet, cool and useful.

Why should I complain that my towel is getting a rest? It needs a rest, it deserves a break. It has a tiring life day after day, lots of heat and grime left on it, not to mention sweat. A decent towel deserves a decent break. It is brightly coloured, and I noticed of late that it is wilting a bit, looking faded and downcast.

I don't escape the vagaries of violent rain and bad weather...the roof leaks something bad. And where are the builders, roof repair men? Search me...I am searching for one still.
And the clothes don't dry (we don't have a tumble dryer), the garden is soggy.

I know that others suffer more :( Floods etc But I can't do anything about the weather so why should I feel guilty about the weather. I am not a brazen hussy going out and wiggling my hips at the rain god. Believe me I do nothing to draw his favour. I can't help my ravishing good looks, and the scintillating mind I have. I can't help it that he has an eye for the delectable. :D

I disclaim all responsibility for the rain god's actions. Here and now.
ps - if one is searching for him, he might be driving down the highway, um ok we don't have highways, he might be driving down a bumpy road or path in a lorry. He will have a little black cloud following him wherever he goes and belging little drops of water from above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home