Saturday, August 18, 2007

Moonshine and Burbles

I really MUST get around to keeping the world uptodate about me, my non-existent cat, the invisible dog, and the imaginary talking canary that is not in a cage.

Well actually I definitely intend to make this a serious commentary on life and the universe. The animals - the moose and leopard...the ones that are real but not alive, they wish to make a few views known to the general public. Too long have animal rights been denied and now the animals demand a voice. The right to be heard, they said, looking me full in the eye. Sternly. We need to raise our voices to tell the world what we think about it.

Anyways I have been busy with Harry Potter. Yup that is right. Count me in. I will tell you at some point why it has held my imagination. Re-reading HP that is what I am doing. Yup, the series. Almost as good as the first time around. Reading Nothern Lights too. I am hooked on fantasy. No really...I realise I am. Reading realistic fiction is terribly difficult for me. I have to lecture on them so I am forced to re-read some texts! It is called 'work', 'career'. 'vocation' or something like that. Basically I am obliged to read these things, and impart the great nature of it to my students. Every nerve in me rebels and says 'give them fantasy'.

;) So I have. There sits Terry Pratchett's Equal Rites, proudly, beside the rest of literature in my module. It IS after all Contemporary New Literature.

Anyways more later. This is just blathering. On to more serious things...later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home