Monday, April 24, 2006

Dr Dido and Dr Aristophanes celebrate


Dido and Aristopahnes celebrated.
They say it was "kewl". They have the distinction of possibly being the first pe-pellet life forms to have a viva from within a cloth bag. They thought that it was real fun. Especially when the examiners found a few things I said funny!

Dido and Aristo say that life needs celebrations. Gifts. Love. Laughter. Wine. Cards. Special times. They got it too.

Post-Viva celebrations? It celebrated the end of a long journey that often seemed too difficult to survive, and the benediction of love and friendship through the years.

It reminded me that life happened to on the way to a PhD, and I survived by the grace of God and the love of special people. It was a reminder that this is not a exploration I began or completed alone.

So I am thankful
for love and friendship - for people I have met as strangers and grown to love so very dearly.
for those who stood with me, beside me, prayed with and for me through these years.
for 6 years of invigorating study and research - despite the struggles and traumas inbetween.
for time to think, and meditate (I did meditate on my research!), formulate thinking and grow.
for laughter - Adams, Pratchett and Python - who are gifted with creating spaces to laugh!
for conversations that challenged my thinking and stretched my imagination.
for the caring I have had, especially through times of grief and bereavement.
for people who pushed me on and helped me to the finish line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home