Thursday, March 01, 2007

A friend of mine said 'why don't you start a blog that your friends can read?" At this point I remembered that I did have a blog somewhere ;) Admittedly there were not many entries, least of all daily. I have somehow never reconciled myself with the airing of private life on the wash-lines of public cyberspace. Nor do I hold to the idea of a public diary for all to read, about what a wonderful reunion I had with the other half, or whether my lovelife is going well, or whether my underwear fits and the travails I have in finding suitable nether garments.

Oh well - each to his or her own.

Just a word of "warning". There will be no gory details in this blog about private events in my life. Most of you will know about them via email. I refuse to supply the general world - however benevolent and friendly - with titillating bits and pieces. There are always Soaps if one wants that. But I will update the spaces here - when a computer and internet give themselves to my itching hands.

For starters I am back. In the pearl of the Indian Ocean. Although to be brutally honest it sometimes feels like a rock around my neck. Not a precious expensive rock either...just a "sink that bloody thing" type of rock. Oh yeah - my sense of nationhood, sense of belonging are well and truly screwed up now. I don't know where I belong anymore. Someone said we are citizens of the world, but hey I like to feel I belong somewhere. I somehow feel like a bit of driftwood - floating around with no roots.

Question is are we supposed to belong somewhere? Or is belonging linked to love and relationships? Or to a place devoid of them? Or to a space of land that is named and claimed by a race with high stakes on ownership. Where should "belongingness" fit? Ah that is the question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home