Monday, September 03, 2007

Snakes in the Sky

You are really not going to believe it but I saw Nagini floating in the sky! No really. You know the great big evil snake that lounges around Lord Voldermort in a slithery gut slitting vomitous way. If you read the scene of her floating there in her little safe magic bubble - that picture is quite startling - you have to hand it to JKR, that was one of the most ghastly evocative scenes I have read.

So there was this writhing snake. All those shivers, and curving sinuous snaking movements, the flicking head etc. I FROZE. For a moment, I don't know what I thought. It didn't help that the background for it was perfect - a black sky, promising thunder and lightening, and that dull shine of prerain skies.

WHO in their right minds would fashion a kite out of black - make it several feet long and the exact image of a flipping snake?! For a few moments I thought I lost a few lifetimes as I stood watching it. I mean I am phobic with snakes so having one floating above me in curvy wavy subtle slithery moves was hardly a joyous experience.

Some people need their heads examined. Really

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home