Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Dear Blog...I return to you...

Oh well I have returned to ye olde faithfulle blogge for my writing ventures. Tired of Facebook - more or less. More, I suspect. Too much trivia, too much of everything. Too much of gush and mush with people sending each other drinks and throwing sheep, people kicking, biting, pinching and licking each other...I mean who would want to lick someone? Euggghh.

Facebook complicates life...maybe that is why there is a relationship status in it that says "it's complicated" and an XKCD cartoon that puts it extremely pithily see http://xkcd.com/355/

I mean I still like Scrabble - one of the redeeming features of the enterprise. I will hang on for the Scrabble scrabbling. Although some people are so pedantic about the words they put! You have to wait forever for a word to appear...but still! I like the flowers - they are a nice way to express something, or even the animals, though some of the flowers are people's heads or shoes, or hats?!

One wouldn't mind having close friends because it is great for sharing pictures or other stuff. But then so many random people add you in passing, then say nothing at all to you thereafter, and so you exist in limbo like a 'non-friend' forever. I fail to see the point of this. It then puts you in the position of having strangers who have access to your information, but who are declaring themselves to be friends. I have been baffled by at least 30 people that I have added, at their request, who have never said a single thing to me. Not even 'Hi nice seeing you after ages'. This is where virtual reality beggars belief...when friends are actually 'not friends'.

Facebook propels strangers into being intimate friends. A friendship in real life takes years of hard work to build; years of love and sometimes pain, real give and take, up and downs, disagreements, restorations, forgiveness, of knowing the real person - all of which isn't that easy at times. It takes a lot of commitment and love to sustain friendships through reality. Could real friendships become a nuisance, be seen as unnecessary because the online ones available are much more exciting and enjoyable?

And then there is the ultimate sadness - when someone actually takes you off their friend list, and then blocks your access and permanently closes the door to any chance of restoration. Happened to me so I ought to know. In real life, without the complication of internet, there would have been the possibility of giving time, and with time restoring through conversation something that was lost. Not anymore. Facebook puts paid to that option and the door to friendship is closed for good.

Deare blogge I return to you. It is less complicated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home