Friday, September 19, 2008

Spec-tacular

Is there a cure for CDT - I have an acute case of it.

Something there is that does not like a second pair of eyes. I sit on them, stand on them, drop them, lose them.

I am allergic to specs. I destroy them with alarming regularity. I
also break them with variety - today it might be an arm, tomorrow it might be the lens, the next it might be the frame. So regular it is that the opticians know me very well, and greet me with a smile and the query "Your glasses broken again madam", This time around one of them tactfully suggested that I get a "Stronger pair" with "flexible unbreakable arms" :D

I still remember one particularly bad breaking moment - the horrible "kerunch snap" that I heard when I climbed onto the table to reach over and close the window. I felt the thought zoom through me "It can't be my glasses...not again". Well it was. Again!

What does one do with Chronic Destructive Tendency? I need to be able to sustain a FES (Four Eyed State) without it burning holes in my purse. Someone suggested Contacts - but that has an even more alarming range of possible cases of CDT: I can not only break them, I can drop them, lose them when washing my face, see then go down the toilet (I have dropped mobile phones and books down the toilet, as well as a earing) A contact lens is easy peasy.

And one of these days I will get behind the wheel of a car - by myself. Sceeeerrruuunch. Tinkle Crinkle Bang...tinkle tinkle tinkle...I can almost hear it myself. At that point of time CDT targeted at specs seems a very minor matter in terms of other, bigger possible scenes of devastation.

Is there a cure for CDT - I have an acute case of it?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home