Saturday, September 10, 2005

Some days glow

A day can positively glow with warmth and happiness - and this despite overcast skies, drippy rain and crowds. I am thankful for gentleness, loving eyes, warm smiles, looks exchanged at something funny, laughter, conversation, snacks that are "indulgent". Even shopping ;) Somehow the mundane things have a sparkle of their own when shared with a kindred spirit.

Sometimes God is not in the whirlwind, the storm or the noise. He is in the quietness of moments, the everyday things. God was in "today" with all its drippiness and grey. Some days are hallowed and graced by love, and the ordinary is touched by light when warmth and caring surround it.

Some days glow. They write themselves into memory - into the part that stores happiness, love and goodness. Not as obvious large "momentous" events but as quiet spaces that lifted the level of happiness and made life more liveable. I am thankful.

3 Comments:

At 5:48 AM , Blogger Diddakoi said...

Here's to multitudes of glowing days, to a kind, compassionate, caring, disciplined and hard-working human-person.

No one deserves such days more...

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger Flaming Firegeni said...

Erm thank you...I think my ears and cheeks are burning. I better run and hide.

My days are actually a little freaked right now, I just hope I wake up and find it has all gone away soon. A deadline makes life blur into one long surreal single endless day :S

Coming to think of it, I could use a few glowing days. I wish they were available over the counter, neatly bottled in crystal glass jars labelled "glowing days". The instructions would say "take one with a sip of water as you wake up" :D

(yeah my imagination is very fertile)

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger Diddakoi said...

Well, humans have invented something close to that of trying to make days glow: anti-depressents. I am sure that for very very sad people, these have helped them percieve life better, and therefore even given them an opportunity for their days to glow.

You sure are more modest than your talking animals.... sorry I mean talking folk...

About deadlines - I like Douglas Adams description of them "what I like about deadlines is that they pass by with that whooshing sound".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home