Thursday, April 14, 2005

Four legged philosophy...

I was wondering whether I should start off with a good old rant on something (as promised by subtitle "random fired rantings"). There is much that can be the target of a good healthy rant: the state of the world, injustice, poverty, environmental issues, the pervasive influence of consumer mentality and individualisitic capitalist ambition, the Merkin empire and its commitment to daisycutter philosophy, gherkin behaviour of people, the looming elections, the place of wimmin in the church, dear Tony Blair courting votes and disaster in shiny pointy black shoes and standard political smile, and my own immense stupidity in refusing the perceptive advice of friends (and having to meekly swallow humble pie dished out with "I told you so's" ad nauseum in my tired ears). I could go on and on but you get the general drift of possible rants.

I was, however, pondering on something philosophical today. Is it possible to converse with non-human entities? Hold it! I never said nuffin about occult, spirits or stuff like that. I am not one to converse with floating insubstantial jelly like entities, and have a deep dislike of disembodied voices and transparent wispy beings. I refer here to four legged entities of the feline ilk ("the big cat variety not the icky miaowing ones" hissed Dido just now). The kind that carry their superior constitution of "polyester fibre" and "inner sagged pe pellets" with dignity, and have pride in their high conformity with toy safety standards.

Let me explain. Visiting us - Dido (the leopard) and me - is a very astute tiger named Ringo. In the past week some extremely illuminating texts, literally philosophical gems, were exchanged between Ringo and Dido. Although I was merely human, I could fully appreciate the content of these texts. Moreover I have personally had some sound insightful comments from both felines over the past week. (Ringo in a fit of passionate loyalty did resort to certain tactics and I had a very touching text from him stating, "leave such morsels to mine angry tiger teeth").

If God decreed that He should speak out of the mouth of a dumb ass to a dumb man, why should not pearls of wisdom be offered from the lips of erstwhile philosophical felines? If four legged philosophy was permitted by the Ancient of Days in the ancient days, why pray not now? We listen to garbled trash that passes for "the philosophy of life, the universe and everything" that oozes at us from the mouths of the most ridiculous sources.

So my question is this "In a world of oozing floating twisted philosophy, does four legged sagged pe pellet philosophy count?"


2 Comments:

At 8:20 PM , Blogger Paul said...

I look for the day when beings are judged by the content of their philosophy, and not the colour of their stuffing, be it ne'er so pellet-like.

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger Flaming Firegeni said...

The felines appreciate all gestures of confidence in their philosophical thought.

After all what difference is there between grey matter and pe pellets? Just a few chemical arrangements and rearrangements. We are all marvellous concatanetions of molecules and none should claim superior status over the other.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home